What is it? Pick The Price (PTP) is a game that challenges you to predict the ending prices of Pricebenders auctions—with the ultimate objective being to score the highest point total for your predictions.
However, to make play more fun and competitive for all, the game makes winning points scalable. So, the higher the winning price for the auction, the more points you’ll score on your price prediction—up to a maximum of 500 points.
For example, pick the exact winning price on an auction that ends at $2.00 or less and you’ll score 300 points. For each cent you’re off on your prediction (either over OR under), subtract 3 points (maximum 300). Here’s an example:
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $2.00. You score 300 points.
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $1.90. You score 270 points.
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $2.50. You score 150 points.
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $1.05. You score 15 points.
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $1.00. Zero points scored.
OR, here’s an example for an auction that ended at $8.00 (an auction with a winning price of more than $7.00 makes each cent worth the maximum of five points):
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $8.00. You score 500 points.
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $7.90. You score 450 points.
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $8.50. You score 250 points.
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $7.05. You score 25 points.
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $7.00. Zero points scored.
Boost your total score further by earning bonus points through Sidekicks. There are six different Sidekicks available, which not only earn you bonus points to help you win, but make playing PTP more challenging and more fun! Note that each activation of a Sidekick costs 1 TCredit.
To win a share of the big weekly PTP Zackpot (minimum 1500 TCredits), just post a top 200 score sometime during the week (Monday through Sunday).
- Of the top 200 scores posted for the week, the top 10 scorers will receive 5 shares of the pot.
- Entrants with the the next 40 highest scores will receive 3 shares of the pot.
- Entrants with the 150 next highest scores will receive 1 share.
- In the case of a tie, the entry with the earliest entry wins.
Note: Having the highest score for an individual auction does NOT assure winning a share of the Zackpot. It is only the entrants with the top 200 scores overall for the week that qualify for a share of the Zackpot.
Enter as many auctions as you wish (minimum 1 TCredit per entry/auction) with no limit on how many Zackpot shares you can win! Plus, for each TCredit spent playing PTP, you’ll earn 10 Rewardicals, redeemable for free Bitcoin, gift cards, silver bullion, and more! If you’re an SFI Affiliate, you can also exchange your Rewardicals for unlimited VersaPoints, PSAs, CSAs, and PRMs!
For ways to attain TCredits for free game entries, click HERE
SPECIAL NOTES & FEATURES
- To help you with your prediction, you’re provided the average winning price AND the average auction length (time) for the last five times the item was auctioned.
- When you go to enter a game, you’re presented with a random auction starting soon. If you’re not interested in playing PTP for the auction selected at random for you, you can skip it and get a different auction (skip up to three auctions a day).
- A section of the PTP entry page includes a section to place pre-bids. You can use pre-bids to win upcoming auctions in which you can’t be present for. You can set up bids to be placed on your behalf whenever you want (activated when the current auction price hits the amounts you designate).
- Each PTP week runs Monday through Sunday. Since all PTP entries must, necessarily, be upcoming auctions, this means that entries on Sundays may cross over into the next week’s contest and Zackpot. For complete clarity and transparency on this, a link on the entry confirmation screen goes to a ledger of ALL your entries with a designation for which week’s contest each belongs to.
1. The auction type (e.g., Winner Bids Free, Progressive, etc.) can impact the price, so factor this in. The auction type is located at the bottom of each auction panel.
1. Achieving the highest score for an individual auction earns you the TOP SCORER badge (or an upgraded “X-Times Top Scorer” version of the badge). Add bronze trim with 10 top score finishes. Add silver trim with 20 top score finishes. Add gold trim with 40 top score finishes. 100 Badge Quest points.
2. Finishing a week with one of the 200 highest score means you win a share of the weekly Zackpot and earns you the WINNER badge (or an upgraded “X-Times Winner” version of the badge). Add bronze trim with 5 top score finishes. Add silver trim with 10 top score finishes. Add gold trim with 25 top score finishes. 200 Badge Quest points.
3. There is also a PTP Leaderboard badge available for all-time highest scorers (all points scored for all games played). The minimum leaderboard rank to receive a PTP Leaderboard badge is 500. Add bronze trim by achieving a top 200 rank. Add silver trim by achieving a top 50 rank. Add gold trim by achieving a top 10 rank. You can view the PTP Leaderboard HERE. Note: So that all players have the opportunity to reach the top of the leaderboard, Prize Points won are reduced by 50% every 30 days. Example: You scored 400 points today. 30 days from now, those points are now worth 200 points. 60 days from now, those points are now worth 100 points. 90 days from now, those points are now worth 50 points. And so on. Keep playing to maintain your leaderboard position! 200 Badge Quest points.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: When are winners revealed?
A: You can trot over to the Pricebenders Latest Winners page as soon as an auction ends to see who was the PTP high scorer.
Q: Where can I enter?
A: You can learn more about PTP and enter HERE.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Pick The Price Contest is sponsored by TripleClicks.com (“Sponsor”). This contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects. The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest is open to legal residents of their respective countries where not prohibited by law, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry who have Internet access and a valid email account. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant. Sponsor employees and members of employees’ immediate family are not eligible to participate.
Entries may be submitted for a random currently live auction.
HOW TO ENTER
Enter from this page. Maximum one Pick The Price contest entry per Pricebenders auction per Member per day. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. IMPORTANT! Submitting entries must be performed manually. Using a script is prohibited.
PTP contestants who post within the top 200 scores sometime during the week (Monday through Sunday) win a share of the weekly PTP Zackpot (minimum 1500 TCredits) as follows:
- The top 10 scorers receive 5 shares of the pot.
- The next 40 highest scores receive 3 shares of the pot.
- The remaining 150 highest scores will receive 1 share.
- In the case of a tie, the entry with the earliest entry wins.
NOTE: Having the highest score for an individual auction does NOT assure winning a share of the Zackpot. It is only the entrants with the top 200 scores overall for the week that qualify for a share of the Zackpot.
The winning prizes are automatically awarded to member accounts within 48 hours following the previous weekly contest period (Monday through Sunday). Notifications will be sent to the Member’s registered account email address. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her email account for prize notification and receipt or other communications related to this contest. Upon the request of the Sponsor, the potential winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form. If a potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, that potential winner will be disqualified.
The Pick The Price contest prize is TCredits. The amount of TCredits that can be won is displayed on the Zackpot “counter” above. It is a weekly Zackpot, representing entries from Monday through Sunday (United States Central Time). Each week’s Zackpot will be be a minimum of 1,500 TCredits, which the week’s top 200 PTP scorers will share (see WINNER SELECTION above). Terms and conditions may apply. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. Sponsor and its respective parent subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the game or the Website; to be in violation of TripleClicks user agreements; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the contest. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue. Sponsor and its respective parent and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST.
By participating, each entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness, or comments for publicity purposes without further notification, payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
The Pick The Price contest is sponsored by:
A division of Carson Services, Inc.
620 N. 48th Street, Suite 104
Lincoln, NE 68504 USA
Phone: 402-434-8480 | Fax: 402-434-8483
Any questions regarding this contest should be directed to TripleClicks Customer Care at: support.tripleclicks.com